Thursday, November 28, 2013

Looking Back and Being Thankful ;)

As I sit here on the computer while one of my sons has graciously accepted the challenge of Thanksgiving Dinner ;) I am compelled to think of the last year well heck the last few years. While I am certainly blessed with fantastic children and grandchildren (4 now!) I have to say I have been living my dream of creating art and having a connection with others through my art.

It has only been since 2010 that I started selling on Etsy with my needle felted creepy creatures and dolls. I never expected Dolls would become my life. As a child I never liked dolls. I preferred art sets, legos and boy toys, they were much more fun. lol

But along with all the fun certainly comes some sadness, such is life. Turmoil and unfortunate events strike every family at some point. People do not always see eye to eye and while the last few years have certainly been peaceful for me. I have had my share of carp come my way. So much so that I have a policy of staying out of the fray for the most part. I do not easily get agitated or my feathers ruffled. I prefer to play nice. Life is far too short and you just never know if the sun will come up tomorrow. 

This all brings me to clowns. yup clowns lol The tears of the clown. Sometimes the jolliest of us are the most sensitive… Sometimes being nice opens you up to jerks. 

I can honestly say that these little clowns, fools and jesters hold my heart. 





Over the last few years I have created over 40 of these poor tortured souls. Each time I sculpt one I feel a little bit of peace within myself, each story is a tiny reflection of somewhere I have been in my 46 years. Although they have all found homes far from me, truly a little bit of me has traveled with them ;)

Blessings to all
LuLu

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm sorry about the carp. A bit of it comes into every life and it's best just to scrape it off the shoes and carry on. These clowns look like a diverse bunch and I can see they'd each have a different story to tell. You've only been busy on Etsy since 2010? Wow! Your creativity, craft and hard work are an inspiration to me. Don't ever stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Rhissanna ;) That has been my motto for some time. <3 I like to keep on swimming lol Thank you I really enjoyed compiling the pics here and viewing them in a group like this. I did the same with my vampires today and oddly found I had created about the same number of Vampires as clowns lol

    Thank you so much Rhissanna I really appreciate that <3

    ReplyDelete

Hi there comments are moderated it may take a few moments for them to appear ;)
Thanks