Thursday, March 17, 2011

A new Sculpted Doll

The King 
captive of his crown

This I have been working on for the last week. I knew I wanted a King but was not sure if he should be old or young and I decided A young King. A young King may feel trapped by his life his responsibility. So He is trapped by his Crown! I started with the crown, made from a wire frame covered in red velvet. And hand painted with Gold Mica. Next came the king he is a sculpted head,bust,legs and arms on a cloth mid torso. He is semi pose-able. His clothes are purposely tattered velvet and scraggly stitched. After I had him just right  I started the cage. I made it from black wire but wanted a more whimsical look, like it's not for real; he is trapped in his mind. So I covered it with A black and white stripe fabric. Lastly he is held captive by a heart shaped black lock. The Lock I especially like; it was sculpted like strips of metal and held together with real nails at the rivet points. The silver is mica. I think I will have him ready by Monday.


1 comment:

Hi there comments are moderated it may take a few moments for them to appear ;)
Thanks